Traction has a track record of creating impact for brands through content and experiences designed for the needs of today’s digital consumer. We believe that today, everything is interactive. We work with some of the world’s most recognized brands, from giant innovators to upstart trailblazers. We have received Small or Independent Agency of the Year recognition from publications like Ad Age, iMedia and the BMA for the past four years in a row. We are a full-service, digitally focused, hard-working, hard-playing, fiercely independent agency still on the rise after 15 years…and we’re looking for a talented UX Designer to help ensure that growth continues.
We are not just looking for an exceptional designer. We are looking for someone to support in the creation of a new product for one of the most world-renowned brands.
The ideal candidate will have…
- experience creating thoughtful, clear and delightful web and mobile experiences.
- a proven track record of successfully completing large projects involving all stages of modern web and iOS applications design, from high level mockups to detailed UI specifications.
- Collaborate with product owners to design product requirements
- Craft features and interaction patterns
- Create detailed UI specifications
- Brainstorm on new products and build prototypes that capture imagination
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years designing large web-based applications
- 2+ years of designing iOS applications
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Experience designing and architecting user experience solutions and applications for web and iOS platforms
- Ability to communicate and articulate ideas clearly to a broad audience
- Expert knowledge in understanding what engages and motivates users
- Experience creating process flowcharts, wireframes and mockups
- Great design sensibility
- Mastery of Sketch, Keynote, Illustrator, and other common design tools
- Understanding of modern web and core iOS frameworks
- Experience working with developers to ensure the successful implementation of design specifications
- Ability to leverage analytics and user testing to inform the creative process
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a history of creating great web and mobile
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Able to implement new ideas quickly and follow design guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of efficiency
- Very detail oriented and organized with a strong discipline of adhering to standards
- Excellent problem determination and resolution skills
The position is full time and is primarily based onsite at our client’s Sunnyvale office (shuttle from various Bay Area locations available), with occasional time (typically one or two days per month) at our San Francisco office.