Traction has a track record of creating impact for brands through content and experiences designed for the needs of today’s digital consumer. We believe that today, everything is interactive. Working with some of the world’s most recognized brands, from giant innovators to upstart trailblazers, Traction has received Small or Independent Agency of the Year recognition from publications like Ad Age, iMedia and the BMA for the past four years in a row. We are a full-service, digitally focused, hard-working, hard-playing, fiercely independent agency still on the rise after 15 years.
We are looking for a talented Senior Strategist (contract, project based) to drive some awesome projects and help ensure our growth continues while our Senior Strategist is on maternity leave for four months. This role will report to the Executive Creative Director to ensure close alignment of strategy and creative throughout the process.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a passion for great work with a true passion for digital and traditional brand building.
- Be a natural storyteller, able to weave engaging strategic narratives that inspire clients and internal team members and lead to great work.
- Bring a unique perspective to the table, with a deep interest in consumers, design, culture, and trends.
- Have a healthy dose of curiosity, a keen sense of empathy, and love finding creative solutions to strategic challenges.
- Be comfortable designing and conducting research, and developing insights that influence media recommendations with a heavy emphasis on digital.
- Possess strong strategic communications and presentation skills and be able to confidently articulate (and sell!) their ideas and recommendations.
The Senior Strategist will:
- Be the core strategic leader for select clients, managing the strategic vision relationship for that business as well as support new business efforts
- Partner with clients and interdisciplinary agency core team to develop the core strategy (insight, proposition, promise, architecture, etc.), then take the lead to clearly articulate and bring the strategy to life through the creative process
- Research, develop and pitch campaigns and services
- Plan and conduct both consumer research and client stakeholder interviews
- Build and secure approval for strategic recommendations/plans for a variety of campaign types, from awareness building to social media campaigns
- Develop strategic deliverables and manage client expectations to successful completion
- Act as a thought leader and subject matter expert, both internally and externally, collaborating with account, media, and creative teams
- Develop POVs, both general and client specific, on a wide range of topics related to digital, social, mobile, content, and consumer experiences
- 10+ years as a strategist/planner with a strong background in digital, ideally in an agency environment
- Knowledge of emerging trends in technology and how they can help our clients
- Ability to utilize data and analytics to derive actionable recommendations
- Competent researcher, able to conduct interviews and derive insights from secondary and primary research
- “Scrappy” resourceful researcher to work within smaller client budgets, but still deliver actionable consumer insight
- Ability to develop Keynote presentations, POVs and any other strategic support materials
- Gifted writer of creative briefs, audience profiles, strategic documents that showcase creativity and intuition to inspire clients and creative teams