Traction is looking for an Account Director to help maintain and grow our business. We are not just looking for an exceptional strategizer. We are looking for someone to provide both strategic and tactical leadership across 2-3 client engagements while overseeing the execution of day-to-day project activities. The role will focus assuring overall quality of deliverables, growing revenue within accounts, ensuring overall customer and team satisfaction and achieving agency profitability through effective budget management. If you are a self-starter looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team, let’s talk!
The ideal candidate...
- is able to identify a client’s business needs and work with clients and Traction cross-disciplinary teams to understand, define and build effective and innovative solutions that generate measurable results.
- is as much a leader as they are a communicator, mentor and doer.
- has the ability to read between the lines and hear what is not being said.
- Manage agency profitability by developing and negotiating statements of work, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources, ensuring work is delivered on time, within scope and on budget, invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and ensuring timely payments
- Thoughtfully balance client and team satisfaction with agency profitability
- Consistently identify business needs and opportunities that client may not recognize, and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to such needs and objectives
- Oversee development of annual Account Plans and achievable revenue goals for accounts. Retention and growth of accounts is a key responsibility. The Account Director ensures that existing accounts remain commercially sound and achieve annual targets, growing year on year
- Be very adept at knowing the pros and cons of the different commercial relationships we can have with clients (retainers, capped/uncapped T&M, fixed price, etc.)
- Review new MSAs/contracts with support from our legal team
- Be the most well informed person in the agency about the commercial position of assigned accounts at all times (revenue, forecasting, billing, etc.) and report status to CEO, CFO and Partners
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Foster collaboration across disciplines by working with producers and core teams across disciplines
- Conduct one-on-ones with direct reports and lead the training/mentoring of direct reports on management challenges, communications, strategies and agency process methodologies
- Expand contacts with key client executives and maintain strong post-engagement relationships introducing new opportunities accordingly
- Identify opportunities and risks with current clients, develop strategies to mitigate risk (and take advantage of opportunities), and share learnings and best practices across the agency
- Ensure teams are producing appropriate documentation of communication to mitigate agency risk
- Participate in strategic development of new business
Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years related experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with interactive agencies (including web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting projects). The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2-3 years experience in a leadership/senior role
- Passion for great work with a proven track record in leveraging new ideas/processes to improve the quality of work and improve client relationships
- Ability to be a credible and effective coach and mentor, including managing through change (cultural, technical and business)
- Proven ability to manage long term, large engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
- Ability to interact with clients of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the CEO to administrative support staff
- Firm understanding of account management processes and methodologies
- Strong understanding of web development and design lifecycle
- Proven ability to manage and set client expectations
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
- Experience leveraging media and analytics to achieve client goals and merchandise success
- Experience in and knowledge of unique concerns related to business-to-business accounts
- Proven track record of satisfied clients with over $1MM in revenue
- Background in traditional advertising (print, radio, broadcast) is a plus
- Background in banks and/or high tech accounts are is a plus
Traction has a track record of creating impact for brands through content and experiences designed for the needs of today’s digital consumer. We believe that today, everything is interactive. We work with some of the world’s most recognized brands, from giant innovators to upstart trailblazers. We have received Small or Independent Agency of the Year recognition from publications like Ad Age, iMedia and the BMA for the past four years in a row. We are a full-service, digitally focused, hard-working, hard-playing, fiercely independent agency still on the rise after 15 years.
This is a full-time position and is based in San Francisco.