The Job: Traction is hiring (contract) a Sr. Front End Developer to join our client’s Marketing Communications group and be an integral part of a team that produces high profile projects across multiple digital platforms on a global scale.
Must be available to work onsite in Sunnyvale, CA exclusively working embedded with our client that is headquartered in Cupertino.
- Lead development efforts on large-scale web-based projects, ensuring robust and lasting solutions are implemented.
- Awareness of the iOS mobile platform with the ability to build solutions that take advantage of the latest iOS features while remaining performant on the latest iOS devices.
- Mentor team members by educating them on software development standard methodologies and new technologies, especially HTML5 and CSS3, and inspiring them to innovate and build things like blog coverage and tweets that promote social media exposure.
Skills and Experience:
- You have at least seven (7) years of professional software development with source version control software such as CVS, SVN, and Git.
- You understand fundamental visual and interactive design discipline.
- You strive to use web standards to build solutions using semantic markup and CSS.
- You have an understanding of major browsers and the special considerations required for them.
- You understand Node build systems, CommonJS, and SaSS.
- You have experience with WebGL
- You have experience creating custom tooling to support the development and review process.
- Education: BA or equivalent experience
Dimensions and Success Factors:
- Thrives in a challenging and fast-paced work environment
- Is self-motivated with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrates grace under pressure – calm and logical problem solving when issues arise
- Easily develops strong client relationships
- Establishes rapport and collaborates will with designers, developers, and producers / project managers
- Is resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude
- Adapts well to change and is flexible and nimble
- Is highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection
- Understands the importance of providing excellent service and consistently delivering client satisfaction
- Ad agency experience a definite plus
- Experience working client-side or embedded at a client location
- A high level understanding of web development principles
Join an award-winning, digitally-focused, full-service, independent agency staffed by a bunch of folks who love what they do and do what they love. Still on the rise after 17 years of success, you’ll enjoy a satisfying suite of benefits, as well as the chance to work on the world’s most well-know brand.
Will you accept our mission?
Traction is dedicated to creating meaningful advertising, branding, and experiences for our clients and their consumers. In order to accomplish this, we have fostered a culture rooted in autonomy, empowerment, collaboration, and—occasionally—mischief. We believe that great work is spontaneous, and the best ideas come from a diverse team of creatively-minded individuals. Our goal is to be an agency where the journey getting there is as great as the work itself, and we’re looking for the right people to help us do it.