Traction has a track record of creating impact for brands through content and experiences designed for the needs of today’s digital consumer. We believe that today, everything is interactive. We work with some of the world’s most recognized brands, from giant innovators to upstart trailblazers. We have received Small or Independent Agency of the Year recognition from publications like Ad Age, iMedia and the BMA for the past four years in a row.
Traction is looking for a digital Designer to join our team in Sunnyvale. We are not just looking for an exceptional designer. We are looking for someone to compose elegant and considered digital layouts to support the creation of a new product for our client, the world's leading technology company.
What you'll (mostly) do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional team and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts
- Translate wireframes into highly detailed Photoshop files with pixel precision, balancing both visual and functional elements
- Create original designs based on existing templates, adhering to design principles in established layouts and form factors
- Create adaptations of original designs for different devices, locales, and environments
- Flow copy into PSD files, adjusting balance of imagery to copy as necessary
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and preparing printouts
- Provide build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards
- Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless
- Identify opportunities for process, design system, style guide, user experience, and documentation improvements
What you'll (mostly) bring:
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent) preferred.
- Proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis and unity
- Ability to create original designs based on wireframes/sketches
- Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management and development staff, both in verbal and in written format
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills to keep work organized so it may be easily shared and modified by others
- Reliable judgment to see when work may be “off track” and the initiative to collaborate with others to find solutions
- Ability to deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and creative workplace
- A minimum of 3-4 years work experience in an interactive design-related field
- Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration, setting up files for web production and adhering to graphic design standards, all with pixel-perfect precision
- Experience designing within the mobile realm and/or from desktop through mobile in a responsive or adaptive manner
- Solid understanding of the technical side of web development, including HTML, CSS, iOS and other technologies.
- Experience working within a brand’s style guidelines
Join an award-winning, digitally-focused, full-service, independent agency staffed by a bunch of folks who love what they do and do what they love. Still on the rise after 17 years of success, you’ll enjoy a satisfying suite of benefits, as well as the chance to work on the world's most well-know brand.
Will you accept our mission?
Traction is dedicated to creating meaningful advertising, branding, and experiences for our clients and their consumers. In order to accomplish this, we have fostered a culture rooted in autonomy, empowerment, collaboration, and—occasionally—mischief. We believe that great work is spontaneous, and the best ideas come from a diverse team of creatively-minded individuals. Our goal is to be an agency where the journey getting there is as great as the work itself, and we’re looking for the right people to help us do it.