Sr. Front End Developer
Traction is looking for a Front-End Developer to join our team based in Sunnyvale (remote ok/US only). You will be part of an integrated team that we've have created at one of our leading clients. It’s here you will create interesting and engaging work, and help drive discussions with your teams that will make the work better.
You’ll have the opportunity to code alongside a group of highly-skilled developers, creating engaging experiences. You don’t have to come with a digital agency background, but ideally you will have worked with diverse teams, and understand how a start-up or mid-sized company operates working on a single product.
This is a 6-month remote contract position with a possibility of extension.
What you'll (mostly) do:
- Be part of a dynamic project development team, that creates visually engaging product websites.
- Create responsive HTML pages from design comps
- Create CSS layout and animations, ensuring legacy browser support
- Work with developers, designers, and project leaders to ensure code quality and design fidelity
- Develop and optimize build tools and development systems to support ongoing projects
- Work closely with the back-end teams to and integrate front-end code
What you'll (mostly) bring:
- Demonstrable advanced CSS and HTML5 knowledge
- Experience with frameworks like React and Vue.js
- Comfortable with package managers/build systems such as NPM, Gulp, or Grunt
- Extensive experience debugging cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- High attention to detail to maintain design integrity throughout the build process
- Ability to implement well-structured Sass for maximum CSS maintainability
- Adherence to W3C standards and specifications.
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git (Subversion experience a plus)
- General proficiency in Photoshop and Sketch
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly and professionally interact with clients
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with SSR frameworks such as Next.js
- Skills in Node, WebGL
- Knowledge of accessibility specifications
Join an award-winning, digitally-focused, full-service, independent agency staffed by a bunch of folks who love what they do and do what they love. Still on the rise after 19 years of success, you’ll enjoy a satisfying suite of benefits, as well as the chance to work on the world's most well-know brand.
Will you accept our mission?
Traction is dedicated to creating meaningful advertising, branding, and experiences for our clients and their consumers. In order to accomplish this, we have fostered a culture rooted in autonomy, empowerment, collaboration, and—occasionally—mischief. We believe that great work is spontaneous, and the best ideas come from a diverse team of creatively-minded individuals. Our goal is to be an agency where the journey getting there is as great as the work itself, and we’re looking for the right people to help us do it.